June 20, 2012

Green Thumbing

I love creative and funky gardening. I spend hours on the net admiring various green thumbing, wishing I had a bigger space to garden. 

When I lived in AZ I had the biggest yard/garden space and kept playing with it as seasons changed. Mosaic pots, painted pots, broken ceramics altered, bird feeders and baths, endless change and play outdoors... endless fun.



The day I moved in it was simply a huge playground.


Then I played,


and played and played. Broken ceramic turned into yard art, flowers and vegetable slowly moving in to become a part of my sacred space. Vintage vase turned upside down becoming a pot holder. Cracked ceramic urn gets a coat of broken tiles, planter bottom mosaic into a bird bath, solar lights and the gnomes... can`t have a garden without them.


Styrofoam box mosaic, green Perrier water bottles legs. 


Blown-up-bottom vase in veggie patch under copper cat's watch.


Beautiful eggplant in pained pot.


Plants of tomato and sun flower add color to AZ's natural desert tones.


Cucumber patch expansion


Zucchini from my garden v/s grocery store bought (& waxed?)


Decorating the entrance.


When winter came it was time to play in my indoors studio


No comments:

Post a Comment